The valuable impact of what we do.
We act with high ethical standards and social good sense to promote proper corporate activities, enabling us to gain trust and support from society.
In our actions, we strive to reduce the global environmental load as part of our social responsibility as good corporate citizens.
Our priority SDGs
As a pharmaceutical company, we are focused on SDG 3.
Occasionally, there is an invisible reason behind a smile. We love being the reason. We genuinely want to be an active player in affordable and equitable access to all patients worldwide.
To achieve this goal, we focus on making international and strategic alliances where we participate with our voice and with a group of key players sharing the same objective to ensure the same access to patients no matter where they are.
David Peix, CEO of Towa International, is part of the Executive CEO Committee Group
We actively participate through some different key working groups.
We are part of the Executive Team Committee.
Through one of our executive members, we are present in the ex. Committee of Apogen.
Commitment to people’s well-being starts with the employees themselves.
We want to make significant progress towards our purpose and become a healthy company. This commitment is embodied in the Healthy Towa program for corporate wellness.
Welcome to #Healthy Living
Healthy Towa is Towa’s overall wellness program for all of us in the community, contributing to the overall health of people, starting with ourselves. Our objective is to achieve the highest level of
well-being, because we are convinced of its positive and direct impact on our quality of life.
End all forms of discrimination against all women and girls everywhere
Eliminate all forms of violence against all women and girls in the public and private spheres, including trafficking and sexual and other types of exploitation
Promote equality and diversity in the company, working on the following main areas:
SDG 6 aims to ensure the availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for everyone.
- Wastewater treatment plant.
- Monitoring of water pollution parameters.
- Actions to minimize water consumption and promote its reuse: reduction of water waste when cleaning, use of reverse osmosis wastewater, improvement in cleaning techniques, etc.
- Assessment of removal of pharmaceutical residues in a wastewater treatment plant.
By 2030, ensure universal access to affordable, reliable, and modern energy services
By 2030, increase substantially the share of renewable energy in the global energy mix
By 2030, double the global rate of improvement in energy efficiency
By 2030, enhance international cooperation to facilitate access to clean energy research and technology, including renewable energy, energy efficiency, and advanced and cleaner fossil-fuel technology, and promote investment in energy infrastructure and clean energy technology.
Promote affordable and clean energy in the company, working on the following main areas:
- Carbon footprint reduction (L1). Including Portugal, Italy, and the US. Scope 3 will be extended to include all of the organization’s emissions.
- Start the installation of the new photovoltaic system. Electricity self-generation will be expanded with 1.36 MWh. This will be in addition to the 0.34 MWh we currently have, generating almost 10% of the electricity consumed.
- A group of energy ambassadors was set up in the different sections of the Plant. This group will identify energy improvement measures in the different sections in order to be able to replicate them in other areas
Integrate climate change measures into company policies, strategies, and planning
Improve education, awareness-raising, and company capacity on climate change mitigation, adaptation, impact reduction, and early warning
SDG 9 aims to achieve sustainable, resilient, and quality infrastructures for everyone, and to promote a new industry under sustainability criteria that adopt clean and environmentally sound technologies and industrial processes.
- Introduction of renewable energies (photovoltaic).
- Review of all company investments from the perspective of sustainability: eco-friendly and flexible offices, new industrial equipment with energy monitoring, permanent energy improvements, etc.
By 2030, provide access to safe, affordable, accessible, and sustainable transport systems for all, improving road safety, notably by expanding public transport, with special attention to the needs of those in vulnerable situations, women, children, persons with disabilities, and older persons.
By 2030, reduce the adverse per capita environmental impact of cities, including by paying special attention to air quality and municipal and other waste management.
Promote sustainable cities & communities in the company, working on the following main areas:
Responsible & efficient
SDG 12 aims to change the current production and consumption model to achieve the efficient management of natural resources.
- Sustained improvement in the rate of waste recovery that allows us to reduce the percentage of waste destined for landfill vs. recycled/recovered.
- Consecutive production batches to reduce water consumption.
- Incorporation of more efficient industrial facilities that reduce manufacturing waste and waste generation.
- DRAFT: Expansion of scope 3 Carbon footprint to include suppliers (goods and services), transport, and other issues related to third parties.
- PROJECT: Circular economy model in the company’s packaging, thereby reducing the amount of waste generated.
SDG 17 is intended to strengthen the Global Partnership for Sustainable Development, mobilizing and sharing knowledge, technical capacity, technology, and resources.
Positioning in different strategic forums.
We know that without strategic alliances we cannot reach our goal, therefore we establish long-term partnerships for all our main strategic goals to achieve them.
We have two goals: